Staying Safe from Phishing and Fraud
SecureKey’s services are, at their core, designed to keep you and your information safe and secure. Your privacy is our most important priority. None of the websites or agencies that currently use SecureKey Concierge™ will send you unprompted emails or text messages asking for personal details — and neither will we.
Scams and Phishing
Fraudsters will do whatever they can to get what is most valuable to them: your personal information. Unfortunately, their efforts have evolved to sending convincing “phishing” emails. These emails trick users into clicking on fake links or downloading dangerous attachments to “fish” for your personal information for their own gain. Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind:
- None of the websites or agencies that currently use SecureKey Concierge™ will send you unprompted text messages or emails asking for personal information like your banking details, credit card number or birthday. SecureKey Concierge will never do that either.
- A good rule of thumb is to completely avoid anything that looks suspicious, and to contact our 24/7 Support Desk at 1-855-433-5397 if you suspect anything out of the ordinary.
- If the email includes any of the following, it’s best to avoid and contact our Support Desk for next steps:
- Poor spelling and/or grammar
- Unexpected attachments from unknown sources
- Suspicious-looking links
- Generic greetings like “Good Morning” or “Dear Customer”
- Urgency and the promise of immediate consequences
- Asking for personal information
Fraudsters have also evolved to build false websites that encourage you to unknowingly share personal information. Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind when deciding if a website is legitimate:
- Look for sites with URLs beginning with “https,” as these tend to be the most secure.
- Ensure everything on the website has correct grammar and spelling
- Watch for advertising: government service websites that use SecureKey Concierge™ as a log in option will never have external advertising.
- Consider how you ended up at the website in question: was it through another social website or link in an email? If you are suspicious of the source, then you should be suspicious of the destination.
- When in doubt, contact our 24/7 Support Desk at 1-855-433-5397 to clarify any questions.
Unauthorized Account Activity
If you notice unusual activity on your account or are advised of unauthorized activity, please contact the government service, financial institution or credit union you use to log in with SecureKey Concierge™.
Please note our Support Desk is open 24/7.